Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

October 31, 2016 – STOP, I need a picture!

There are definite advantages and disadvantages to traveling with Scoop. It is very comforting to every night having a familiar place that now feels like home to settle into. We have our own things, our favorite meals and some really pretty campsites. But on travel days when you are passing interesting things you’d like to stop and see there isn’t always a place to park a 45’ long rig, so on you go. This happens a lot on the Pacific Coast Highway.  On our way to Newport we passed Thor’s Wall and the Devil’s Chasm, both spots I wanted to come back to and we did…in the rain.

Thor’s Wall is a round hole in the tidal zone rocks that is about 20’ deep they say. At high tide the waves rush into the hole creating a very cool scene. I photographed the best I could without risking being washed away by a rogue wave. Nearby was a man operating a drone that I am sure was getting exceptional images. I could use one of those.
Thor's Wall

Cook's Chasm

No comments:

Post a Comment