Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2016

July 19, 2016 – The Maiden Voyage

Today the plan was to drive the two hours straight from Myers Flat to Trinidad, put Scoop in his resting spot and take the kayaks out for their maiden voyage and afterward head back to Arcata for dinner. The plan worked for the most part. Our RV spot in the Emerald Forest Campground

was a tight fit, but the redwoods towered around us. We even had our own stinky slinky hole: all fluids flowed freely.

After lunch we headed to Big Lagoon to enjoy a magnificently sunny day in our new kayaks. Laine and Angel are pros at kayaking from their days in Juneau and were helpful in giving us tips for unloading, loading, boarding and disembarking from the kayaks. In fact, they were both telling me how to get in the kayak at the same time. My right leg listened to Laine and went one way and my left leg listened to Angel and went the other. Result was my knees in the water, no part of me in the boat. Now that I don’t listen to anyone, I always end up in the boat.


It was just too darn beautiful on the water and in Trinidad, we never made it to Arcata, we enjoyed a fish BBQ in our campsite in our Emerald forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment