Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

October 21, 2016 A Paddling We Will Go

It’s a lot of work getting the kayaks on and off the truck, but peaceful paddling in pristine waters makes it totally worth it. I wanted to kayak Humboldt Bay, but backed out when a local told me that I needed to be able to paddle 7 knots/hour if caught on the wrong side of tidal shifts. I envisioned being sucked out to sea even though I had no idea how fast 7kph is. We opted to return to Big Lagoon, safe from tidal influences. Denis got rigged up for fishing from his kayak.

 I was equipped with the landing net should he be so lucky which required me to paddle close by him without getting in the way of his line. Unfortunately my netting skills weren’t needed. Denis tested his theory that he could use an umbrella as a sail for the kayak, perhaps because of lack of wind his theory didn’t pan out.


After a great day of paddling it was time to visit a different type of Lost Coast, this one is a brewery serving up local beer and providing the Thursday night Packer game. I love that Packer fans are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment